We are seeking a forward thinking, highly innovative problem solver who is interested in working in the golf industry. The ideal candidate needs to be a motivated designer who does not settle for anything less than the best design solutions and understands and meets the needs of our customers and collaborators. You will produce designs in the soft lines and accessories categories that are inventive and fresh. As a Designer, you will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of product design and development from concept through production working with internal teams and licensors.
This role will report to the Chief Creative Officer for Swag Golf at the Swag office in Northbrook, Illinois (just north of Chicago).
- Responsible for product conceptualization, form, and function to final product approval
- Comprehensive understanding of specific assigned category and able to come up with original and new ideas while ensuring differentiation between the various tiers of business.
- Coordinates with internal teams, licensors and executive leadership on new development and executes to strategies and specific timelines.
- Essential to be extremely organized and detail-oriented and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Self-starter and able to self-manage
- Required to have advanced design skills and required software skills in the Adobe Creative Suite in a Mac environment, with an emphasis on Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Excellent illustration and composition skills
- Possess strong typography skills and knowledge of contemporary design
- Keen eye for trend and color sense
- Excellent Communication and presentation skills
- Ability to adapt to change and pivot when need be
- Ability to build seasonal Graphic and Print designs and concepts and explore new Graphic Design innovations and applications
- Demonstrated ability to lead multiple projects and timelines at once
- Strong sense of fashion and/or apparel industries
- Foundational understanding of apparel construction, schematic development, and tech pack creation a plus
- Artistic background as well as business acumen
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts
- Portfolio, examples of work and/or links to work will be required.